Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St.Patrick's Day Wreath




I have been wanting to make a cupcake wreath so bad but I did not buy enough cupcake liners and they only had one straw wreath so I came up with this!
I was being cheap when I made this so I just used what I had around the house. Used white leftover Christmas ribbon, then ran out of white so used green. Felt scraps to make the bunting ( I love buntings!) and used coffee filters to make the rainbow. For the coffee filters I used food die and dipped the coffee filters in the food die colored water then because I am impatient I put them in the microwave for 30 secs a pair ( I did two of each color) then folded in half and half again annnd then folded in half again !! I cut the bottom half of the filter off in a curve. I then opened the donut shaped coffee filter and cut one snip so it was one long piece and could wrap around the wreath. I used the bottom half of the filter that I cut off to make the little rainbow circles I just made them look scalloped and smaller then each other and hot glued the bunting to a pipe cleaner!! Tada!! The coffee filter/cupcake liner part is not so puffy and HUGE in person... I am not sure why it looks that way...they do say the camera adds 10lbs ;p

This is the tutorial on making a cupcake wreath!! While you are on Tatertots and Jello you really need to look around this is one amazing blog!!!

It has a cute behind too!! Not really, you can see where I ran out of ribbon !! But I figured if my description of how I cut the coffee filters was bad then this pic might help!! Oh and EVERYTHING was hot glue gunned on this sucker!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi annie!!

    Thanks for linking back to me!! Your cupcake wreath sounds so cute!!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete