Thursday, October 25, 2012

DIY Tombstone and Graveyard



 I made the tombstones out of a sheet of Styrofoam that I got from lowes, they use it to insulate walls. The sheet was 8ftx4ft and I had them cut it in half so it would fit in my car. Then I just free handed the rest. I used a box cutter to cut the tombstones out and added some cracks to it to make them look aged. Then because the box cutter was not the easiest to use to cut the names, I used my wood burner. I also added more to the cracks with that. BUT do this outside if you try the wood burner because the fumes that come off of it are horrible  To spray paint, I used a black and grey spray pants. I did it at a distance because, again you want them to look aged not a solid color. Also the spray paint eats away at the Styrofoam which is neat and adds to the aged look but if you do it too close it will just eat a hole. I then cut wire hangers in half used two half's in each tombstone. I put half of it in the tombstone and the other half in the ground.

 As far as the names I decided to do real ones.I know you can make up names and have fun, but I like to keep it real.. I did some of my Favorite Actors, Actresses and singers. I put their real birth and death date on them. There are some that I felt funny about using, because of how they died... Annnnywho...hope everyone is having fun getting in the Halloween spirit!

*Elvis Presley
*James Dean
*Billie Holiday
*Ellen Vera
*Lana Turner
*Humphrey Bogart
* Buddy Holly
*Marilyn Monroe
* Natalie Wood
*Jayne Mansfield

No comments:

Post a Comment