Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bits + Pieces: Leading up to Christmas


Pictures:1-3 Reading Christmas stories in front of the fire

Pictures:4-6  A Christmas Countdown Activity, Christmas cookie baking day

Picture:7 The Christmas sensory boxes I made for the girls. I made two of them full of Christmas themed items

Picture 8: Each day until Christmas we have a three things we do (1) Our 24 books that the girls get to pick out and unwrap. One book each night until Christmas! (2) "The Elf on the Shelf" his name is Jackson. Each night he goes back to the North Pole and tells Santa if the girls were good or naughty. Then in the morning he comes back and hides somewhere new! (3) The last thing we do is a countdown calender. In the calender is a little wrapped present (one for each girl) and a Christmas activity!  

Pictures 9&10: One of our Countdown calender activities, Making "Magic Reindeer Food" we made and gave some to our neighbors! Sprinkle it on the lawn on Christmas Eve and its helps Santa reindeer find there way!

Picture 11: Another one of our Christmas Countdown Calender activities, Santa mix. We made a huge batch of this and passed it around to our neighbors! Sooo good!

Pictures 12: My parents stocking from when the were little! Since I have moved back home each Christmas I fill my parents stockings! Scrapbooking items and yummy snacks for my mom and Nuts and Woodworking magazines and items for my Dad!






No comments:

Post a Comment